The real money these days is in the trades, such as being a plumber.

You are never downsized when it comes to clogged toilets or slow drains.
These skills are recession proof. Even in the midst of an severe economic
depression, each citizen still has to poop each morning and would like to
flush afterwards. A man will go a month in arrears on his mortgage if the
toilet won't flush and he has to decide between the plumber or the mortgage.

My two university degrees are worth little more than the paper they are
printed on when it comes to finding a job, except to say that my current job
required a four year degree to even get to the interview process. [Sad,
given that our daughter is just now finishing up her four year degree @
$35K a year.]