So sitting around thinking about how I'd like to have a little generator to run
my sump pump. Amazon has
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Max-GEN-1250-Gas-Powered/dp/B000QUZEBO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1229088619&sr=1-5

Which at 1200 watts is no power monster but my pump will almost start (it'll
hum and move a little water but not put it up the pipe) with my 400watt
inverter so I'd think 1200 should be plenty. So far in 2 years in the house
it'd have been used once. So theres no need for something super heavy duty.
That said you'll note its sold by "Homier Distributing" the tool show people....

-Curt