Can't advise you on cable substitutes, Randy, but the question is familiar.

Many major retail chains in NZ try this on rookie HD purchasers. Compete for price on the TV, then win back a comfortable margin by spooking punters into outrageously expensive purchases of what should be in the box as of right.

These additional costs qualify as "And, by the way, you'll also need this $150 cable" rip-offs. It's like selling a car without a steering wheel.

Don't indulge these pricks.

Euan
CHCH
NZ

R A Bennell wrote:
OK, I just bought a Blue-ray disc player for my wife for Christmas. She said,
if she did not get it for Christmas,
she would buy one on boxing day. I'm not stupid. I might as well get it now.

Question relates to the HDMI cable that one needs to connect the player to the
TV. Store wanted $150 for this silly
3 foot long cable. Sounds like robbery to me. Anyone have ideas or opinions on
the matter? Can I get something just
as good for less at everyone's favourite store (hint - name starts with
Wal-M...)?

Is it necessary to buy expensive cable to get good quality picture etc etc?

Anyone with experience out there?

Randy