They must be victims of repression of some sort -- no one chooses to be poor. Repression!

--R

Hendrik & Fay wrote:
They do, except the taxpayer pays the gap for them.
In a country like Oz the poor mainly choose to be poor. Plenty of work if you wanna work, especially if you are willing to learn some skills apart from how to milk the social security system for all it's worth.

Hendrik

Rich Thomas wrote:
Shouldn't the po folks have the same quality of care as you get with your ability to pay the gap fee? That system is inequitable! Keepin the po folks down!

--R

Hendrik & Fay wrote:

In Australia we have a system where the poor get free health care and the ones that get off their behinds and earn a living and pay tax have to contribute towards their treatment. Sure I can go down to the ER and take my chances, where a priority systems is in place and this might mean I have to wait for some time before getting treated, or I can go to my local GP and pay a gap for the visit.

Hendrik