From: "Gabriel S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Road manners (was: Auto tranny 240Ds are slow!)
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Said in part:

 9. In instances where traffic slows to 10mph, all shoulders shall
become lanes.

_________________snip_______________________________________________

Sounds like an idea from New York/New Jersey.  If a 2-lane road has
one lane blocked, it becomes a 1-lane road.  How does feeding 3 or 4
lanes into it speed things up?  Is there some magic here?

THE SHOULDERS ARE THE ONLY WAY THE EMERGANCY VEHICLES HAVE TO GET TO
THE SCENE!  Plug them up and you guarantee a bad situation will get
worse in a hurry.

Hope it's not me that needs the help.

Than there is the issue of road rage; If I'm waiting patiently in line
{be it grammar school lunch or a traffic jam.}  What gives anyone the
"right" to cut-in being rude to all who are doing the right thing?

There are several State Troopers in this state {Connecticut} that will
divert such cars to the side of the road, wait until the road hazard
is clear and than go over and explain the laws to the folks that are
in a bigger hurry than I am.
I always give them a thumbs-up sign as I go past.

Pardon the rant here.  Stupid driving bothers me.  Don't get me
started on idiots that drive with 4-ways on in a situation they
believe is dangerous.

--

Peter T. Arnold
Windsor, Connecticut

1987 Mercedes 300SDL, 231 Kmi on Delvac1, changes when f-soot is 2%

1995 Ford F-250 W/PSD, 189 Kmi on Rotella @ 5 Kmi Changes

2002 PT Cruizer, 74 Kmi, Every 5 Kmi with what's on sale

1954 Metropolitan {My Hanger-Queen}

None use oil between changes, go figure ;-)