andrew strasfogel wrote:
Or maybe just kill all wildlife because they are too costly or just plain
annoying for the human race to preserve?

Homepower did an article about ten years ago claiming that bird kills were not a significant factor, but I don't remember the details. I suspect you would need a LOT of wind turbines to make a county's propeller kills equal the road kill. Heck, my living room and dining room windows kill at least one bird a year, and stun many more than they kill.

The question is how many birds die in that region without the wind machines, how many are killed by the wind machines, and do the additional deaths have any effect on the population?

Mitch.