Andrew wrote: "Do you require premium or regular gas?"

That is up in the air right now.  The manual says premium, the fuel cap/door
say premium.  But, I have asked a few others that have this car and some of
them say it needs premium and others say it is a waste of money.  I have not
noticed any difference in mileage or performance when using 87 octane.  I was
concerned that it might "ping" but it has not.  I don't know what to think, so
I have been putting in 91 (premium) about every other tank.

I talked to one of the techs at the dealership I worked at and he said that if
the octane is too low and it starts to ping, the knock sensor will catch it and
it will retard the timing slightly to compensate for it.  So, it is possible
that I might have less power with 87 than with 91.  I don't really know what to
think.  In the past (especially in my 90 300SEL), I thought I could tell a
difference when I put in 87 rather than 91.  Maybe I was just imagining it.

Donald H. Snook