The plastic (viton, actually) bushings are gone. You most likely need both, the one on the lever on the tranny and the one on the end of the shift lever. About $1 each, I think.

Fairly easy to install -- pull the lever off the tranny (remove pinch bolt completely) and use a vise and a socket to press the bushing in. Remember which hole the link rod goes in. Put the link rod back into the lever before installing on the tranny, it's much easier to get the retainer clip back on.

For the shift lever bushing, make a puller out of a socket, some washers, and a quarter/20 screw. it is possible to get it in with only a long pair of needlenosed pliers, but I've not managed yet in three or four tries.

Peter