I'd have to agree with Steve and Ken on that one...My Mom and step-dad worked as a police officers for a while (Tom 25 years...). Imagine you just got a call about some guy beating his wife and kids? Or a vehicle on fire with people trapped inside... I don't see how anyone could not be upset about someone interfering with that!
Steve MacSween wrote:

Sorry, dude, but if you spent a week -- hell, probably even ONE DAY, in a
busy area -- in the front seat of a police cruiser, paramedic van, or fire
truck dealing with traffic on Code 3 runs, you'd be yelling, swearing and
foaming at the mouth too.

mac

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sounds like you need a TIME OUT before you get into serious trouble!
Have you thought about taking an aggressive driving course (to cure,
not to teach it)?

I care about it because those jackasses keep me from getting to my job. When

they finally figure out that I'm going to keep my siren and air horn blowing

in back of them, then they try feebly to get out of the way by cutting in
front
of some poor person who is waiting like they should. When I was new on the
job I had a Captain who swore that on his last day he was going to drive,
and
run over the dimwits that did that. Now that I have that position, I'm
thinking
he was absolutely right. They should get rammed by the rig and left to rot.

If you were hanging upside down trapped in your car because some jackass
clipped you as he cut in front of you and you're busy bleeding to death
waiting
for me to get there, I'll bet you'd think different.

Not that I have strong opinions on this subject or anything........

Ken