Hi all,

My dad is visting at the moment, and he also has a 1987 300D. The car
had the tranny fluid (Mobil-1) & filter changed about 20kmi ago. The
car now has 160k on it. Full throttle shifts are perfect, nice and
crisp. However it flares slightly at part throttle shifts. Not bad, my
dad never noticed, but I can tell the flare is present. I adjusted the
modulator on the IP fully CCW (firm) but that didnt' help. I then
turned the modulator on the tranny one turn CW (firmer) but that
didn't do much either. It's not a vacuum leak, since a leak would
cause firm shifts, not flaring (soft). Anyone have any ideas? I've not
yet put a vac gauge in-line to the signal to the trans to get actual
vac readings yet, I'll do that soon. Is it possible the tranny could
be getting near rebuild time, even though full-throttle shifts are
good? The trans is bone dry and doesn't leak anywhere, which (IMO) is
amazing....

:-)

Best regards,

--