hi!

i don't have any indication that they're anything other than original; they look to be identical on both sides, and give the appearance that they may have been there the life of the car,... (i bought it 5 years ago with ~121K miles on it in SoCal, and put the last 50K miles on it. it had been garaged most of its life so there weren't many bits that showed much wear.)

cheers!

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
does it look like maybe somebody replaced the boots at some point? I have seen boot replacements that dont turn out very good.

ernest breakfield wrote:
hey, K!

nope; no torn boots; one of them has the slightest hints of some cracking on the largest portion, but that's it.
   it couldn't be that easy, could it?   ;-)

cheers!

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
are the boots torn?  Thats a sure sign.

ernest breakfield wrote:
thanks all for the suggestions on the driveline issues; based on my undercar inspections (nothing visibly out of sorts), observations (intermittent nature of noise, tone of noise, lack of vibrations, and frequency related more to wheel-speed than driveline speed) and other hints/tips from the gang here, i'm leaning toward issues with the axle half-shaft(s).

cheers!