245s are awesome in snow! This reminds me of when I was a teenager, I used
to drive around during snowstorms in my 1975 245 and pull people in SUVs
out of ditches with an old climbing rope. My wife and I also went snow
camping often in our 1982 245 Turbo, and we never chained up in the deep
snow when people in 4wd SUVs were sliding off the road on the mountain
passes.

I think 240s (wagons especially) must be exceptionally well balanced
(close weight on all 4 tires). With the fuel tank perfectly centered
behind the rear axle, they seem to often break traction on both rear tires
at the same even without a locking diff!

Tyler