Most Oz MB's are tex or leather, then along came the peasant mobile called the 180E. Complete with fabric interior as standard, from there it spread across to the 124. I have nothing much against fabric interiors, specially on a hot day but MB came up with some real shockers, I think they even have their own tartan pattern called McBenz.

Hendrik
with tex in the Benz

E M wrote:
I'm not sure I've ever seen a W124 with anything other than MB Tex or
leather here.  We had an entry level C Class for a couple of years, that
sported a similar cloth interior, but I think most were black or charcoal.

Ed
300E