Backup is there in XP Pro. If you use the bubble gum interface as it comes out of the box, there should still be a way to get to accessories through the programs button. Look for "accessories" or "system tools." backup is in system tools.

Or just do a search for ntbackup.exe that should find it for you.

At 05:31 PM 1/8/2009, you wrote:
Loren - I use XP, which does not have 'backup.' It has a system restore
feature, which I have set a few times, but any time I have needed it there
has not been a restore point even though I have created several.  Should I
use one available on the internet?
BillR

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Loren Faeth
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 7:52 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] O/T BAck up Harddrive

In Windows:
GO to Start then programs
then accessories
then system tools
then backup
that launches the backup program.  CHoose to configure it manually,
and in the process, you can schedule backups
with that, you can schedule it to backup every night while you sleep,
or once a week or whatever you want.  DO back up "system state" as
that will help to recover if you have a hard drive failure.

Most USB drives also come with some form of backup software.  I
prefer to let the builtin backup do the work, as it stays the same
regardless of what/where i backup to.

At 05:43 PM 1/7/2009, you wrote:
>I have a WiFi net work at home, run WinXP.
>
>I'd like to buy one of the plug in hard drives and configure to auto
>backup the 2 PC and one Laptop.
>
>Is this possible to do?  Software?
>

>--
>
>Peter T. Arnold, Quality Mgr.
>Ultracast, LLC
>199 Freshwater Blvd.
>Enfield, CT 06082
>(860) 253-5015
>
>"A problem well stated is a problem half solved." - Charles F. Kettering

Loren Faeth

Loren Faeth