The ratio is not possible to change, its a fixed amount. The ratio 22:1 means that when the piston is at the bottom of the stroke it moves up and compresses that amount of "space" into the "1" so to speak. Its determined by the stroke.

Gabriel S. wrote:

the compression ratio remains constant even in a turbo charged engine?
Doesent a Turbo do just that...increase the compression ratio?