> ..Perhaps Roger can comment as to why he is stuck with only a new C-Class
> every other year...

First, Roger will point out that it's actually every seven years or so, not
every other.

As to people keeping cars in the desert and at home, that's not so unusual.
Why drive the 3000 mile round trip if one can afford   otherwise?

For example, my MB sales guy sells two S-Classes every year to a local real
estate mogul, one delivered here in Seattle and the other delivered in Palm
Springs. The owners, elderly now, commute back and forth in their bizjet. BTW,
her trade-in W221, the Seattle car, was the same Barolo Red as my C300.

The owner of Barrier MB in Bellevue WA commutes the 1.1 miles from his Hunt's
Point estate to the store in his Maybach 57 or his Porsche 997 Turbo and
keeps whatever he needs in Palm Springs. He also has a sizable yacht somewhere
around here. He also owns the local Audi, Porsche and Volvo outlets.

And my C300, the eighth MB in 35 years, is the best one of all.

RLE

stay up-to-date with the latest news. (http://aol.com?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000023)