Hi, All.
I have a 4-matic picture of the system mated to a 603, from MBZ.
If anyone wants a butchers, let me know and I'll send it to them as an attachment. It's probably just one of those "We won't make enough sales to justify the cost in the good ole US of A. Most 'mericans are too dumb to know the difference anyway"
Fred Moir (The cynical)
Lynn MA

At 03:13 PM 1/23/2009, you wrote:
> ...I also think that is pretty much impossible to retro fit a OM onto the
> 4matic drive system. The M103 and the 4matic system where pretty much build to
> fit together like a puzzle...

My goodness, even I know that the M103 for 4-matics had a unique oil pan to
clear the shafts. Hasn't anybody ever actually looked underneath?
Why bother to reegineer two more engines for a low volume application.
RLE