Has anyone else noticed the color palettes of cars have gotten very drab
in the past 20 years or so.

I was just looking at the 2009 M-B palette for the 550CLS-like I can
afford one. I thought my monitor had gone monotone. They have four
greys, two blacks, two whites, one silver, one redish, one blueish, and
one greenish.

Not that other manufacturers are any better. All I see on the road are
greys, browns, blacks, and whites (with a few off hue reds mixed in).

I remember cars in the 50s having about 30-40 colors-not counting the
custom colors you could get by special order.

Tom Potter