I'm skeptical...

Isn't the rack position sensor just for the EGR functions?  And, even
if it somehow works with the wastegate function, can't this be
temporarily defeated in order to diagnose this problem?  Couldn't you
simply disconnect and plug the wastegate signal line, which I believe
is vacuum induced on these engines (with boost guage installed, of
course)?  I'd also be sure to check that the ALDA is functioning
properly (check the vacuum switchover solenoid/disconnect this
altogether), so that you're convinced the boost enrichment circuit is
working--the ALDA works in conjunction with boost levels.

On 9/30/05, John Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been trying to diagnose a loss in boost in my '90 300D.  I brought it
> to the indie who found that (1) a vacuum tranducer is out and (2) he thinks
> a sensor on the injection pump is giving no electronic signal to the ECU.
> He says a 2k injection pump is necessary.

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel:
'87 300TD intercooler (209k)