My 300TD has sadly been sitting a good bit lately. What with the price of
diesel and the fact that it needed some work to pass the Pa. inspection. I
decided a put the winter tires on it and get it rolling again (since I
smashed up our little BMW 318i). When I started it up (it had been some
months) it ran rough for a bit - not surprisingly - and then it shut down.
When I tried to restart it, no go. It wouldn't fire although it was spinning
the engine just fine. This is a first for this car and I'm puzzled. There
seems to be a good bit of vacuum being pulled on the shutoff valve such that
after the car is off if I pull the vacuum line to the valve you can hear it
lose the vacuum and see the manual stop arm come back up a bit. Maybe this
is normal and I'm chasing ghosts? Any suggestions on things to look at are
welcome as I need to get her rolling again soon.

...Kevin
1987 300TD 297k