The nicest and smallest I've seen is by far the Miller
(http://www.millerwelds.com/products/plasma/spectrum_375_x-treme/).
Comes with a shoulder strap. Not terribly powerful.

There are plans aplenty floating around on how to make you own out of
an old microwave magnetron, chewing gum, and duct tape. They will also
keep your lunch warm if you sit it nearby.

-Dave Walton