There is a guy in Houston who built a truck body entirely out of wood, brought it to our woodworker club meeting a year or two ago. It was not very curvy given he used a lot of 3/4" mahogany plywood, but it was still pretty cool. I was trying to find some pics, if I do I'll post a link.

--R

tyler wrote:
I think it looks great also. I'd probably add more wood if I owned it, especially to the interior...

Tyler

Donald Snook wrote:
Andrew wrote re: the woody MB wagon: "This is quite a specimen.. How did they do it?? Sadly there's no wood inside, and it has crank windows. Also, it would look better if the exterior veneering continued down the front fenders rather than stop abrubly at the front doors. Maybe they had enough and gave up by then? I doubt it will meet the reserve, which I'm guessing is $15K."

I love that car! If I had money to burn, I would buy that car. My wife would HATE it. Makes me want another Wagoneer.

Donald H. Snook