On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 16:42:51 -0800 Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net>
wrote:

> Myself, I'm not so proud of.  Once I got the sheet metal banged into
> shape I wired up the heating element and the fan, and got it all put
> together.  By early afternoon I was ready to test.  Plugged in the
> thing fired up and started blowing out hot air, so I jacked it into
> the car.  After a few minutes, the new preheater caught on fire!  (Not
> enough airflow.)  Disgusted, I threw the abortion into a snow bank
> to put it out.  Some time later I'll salvage what I can from it.

You may not take this as solace, Jim, but those of us out here who are
trying to be even half as productive as you are relieved to see you're
human, too. We're just embarrassed to broadcast our failures to the list,
since they're a greater fraction of our efforts. Thank you for your story
telling.

> I'm going to have to come up with another heat gun or hair drier.  But
> in the meantime I'll just continue to use the space heater inside the
> cabin.

It will be warm inside, but will it start. BTW, please refresh my memory
on where the heated air goes in the Frankenheap. Is it a W123 or a W115?

Craig