Walt makes a few good points here;

> ...But I will say, it is really interesting to listen to Non-Aviation types
> discuss A/C incidents/accidents.? Never ceases to amaze me to listen to
> Non-Aviation Armchair Experts come up with some really interesting?
> scenarios. I
> have seen some local, so called, Media experts who have never been to an
> Airport and wouldnt know a J-3 from a DC-3 yet they are writing about
> it.........

Here's another one that makes ME gnash my teeth. The TV newsreaders (they
love to refer to themselves as journalists) always refer to every paved surface
at the airport, concrete, asphalt, whatever, as Tarmac. Yes, I know what tarmac
means so don't bring it up. It's the ramp, the taxiways, the runway etc. It
ain't bleeding tarmac.

Back when I was flying once or twice per week, I spent a hell of a lot of
time at airports and talked to a lot of pilots and not one of them ever used
that
word tarmac.

Vented, now.

RLE

Nothing says I love you like flowers! Find a florist near you
now.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)