From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Douglas
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 1:30 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] 1980 300D Climate Control.

Yes I have been for the last.. ahh. 2 years working on my climate control.
Yes its the hated servo. It seems that it works intermintently and when it
fails its stuck on heat. I have several amps and have cycled them all with
the same result. The system works for a few days that goes to all heat. It
seems that when I test the servo by using a 9 volt battery to drive the
little motor, then connect the amp all works for a few days then all heat.

Now I am thinking that somehow the servo motor does not have enough
lubrication and is STUCK. and while in normal mode with the amp it only gets
like maybe 4 Volts. Then when I put the 9 Volts to it. the servo frees up!

So my question is .. how do I test this I do know the amp works correctly. I
have put a meter on the servo.. and run it through the cycle heat and cool.

Just was thinking do this test while its not working.. to make sure its on
the ball.

I know you all hate this system. yes me to it sucks .. though am not ready
to throw. $800 for the digital. plus I have been working on this for so so
long!..

Any Ideas.. will be taken.. thanks Douglas