On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM, E M <pokieba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I've managed to download a number of FLV files from YouTube, but I still
> can't figure out how ot convert them into different formats.  When I open

What operating system are you using? If you are using Windows, then you want
to track down an app called Super. If Mac, then Handbrake should be able to
convert them just fine.

> the files, the want to play in my Firefox browser, which is ok, but I'm
> looking for a way to convert them into .avi or find a stand alone FLV
> player.

Windows, VLC will play them fine. Mac, you can use either VLC or FLVThing.

> I'd also want to get an iPod Touch, and load these videos onto it, so I'm
> not sure the best way to do that, or to what fromat they must be converted?

Best Video for iPod Touch is H.264 MP4 as that is the format that is used by
the iTunes Store.

> Thanks in advance for you help.
>
> Ed
> 300E