I got my box of parts from Rusty - included a new block heater
cord.

When I reached in under the airfilter to unplug the old one,
the connector felt odd.

>From underneath I could see it. Attached is a picture of it.

Not like any block heater I've seen before on these cars. Anyone
else seen one like this? I think the knurled ring is what holds
the connector to the heater.

The outside end of the cable is wearing, and my meter says
there's not a low impedance path from chassis ground to AC
safety ground.

Anyway, it's still functions and gets plugged into a GFCI
outlet - so for now I guess I'll leave it.

--         Philip