Sure you could. It isn't all that different than a tour in the Coast Guard
or the Air Force. At least the folks with whom I work *now* have a
psychiatric basis for their irrational behaviors, instead of the "that is
what I learned to do at the Academy" rationale.

[Example: Everyone standing in formation in dress uniforms once a month or
so -- because we've always done it that way. It doesn't serve any real
purpose but the tradition continues, unhampered by progress.]