Neighbor "breeders?"  What are they breeding, 'sides babies, maybe?
;<)))))))

Wilton

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: wish this were 200 miles closer...

> Nothing will make me give up my Cub Cadet 70. Next time we get good snow
I'll make a video of plowing with it. I was out the other night pushing 14"
of soft powder and a young guy came out of the house across the street
(boyfriend of one of the breeders living there) and said "That thing does
pretty good!" I allowed as how it was okay for a 1964. His face lit right
up, then I pointed out its a 7 horse and he just couldn't belive it. On the
next pass I lifted the plow as I hit the snowbank and stood the thing right
up on its ass. The snowbanks here are pretty high now but the Cub has very
little issue with them. I do need to get some new rear wheels and tires
though, mine are correct for a later machine and while the wider tires are
easy on the grass they don't get as good traction (even with chains) on the
snow as I'd like...

> When I was a kid the neighbors had a battery powered electric mower, Case
I think. Looked like a regular rear engine rider with no motor. The old guy
(he was about a million years old when we moved there, didn't die for 20
more years...) kept that thing going. His granddaughter and husband bought
the place. The new owner mows lawns on the side and has a big commercial
walk behind. He asked if we wanted the mower but the bug hadn't yet caught
me and I let it go by.