Ed -
Save your money it's been done. odometergears.com will sell you the gears
for $25 a copy and less if you buy more gears. Also the stock speedo gears,
if you have experienced them, are made of some really soft material so they
don't make noise. The odometergears folks have a new compound that is strong
but really quiet. They also have gears for Porsche and others. I guess there
must be a weakness for the single blade M/B windshield wiper gearbox as they
have a replacement gear for that too. Beware of odometergear.com (missing
the s). A lot more expensive and not as quiet. Excellent customer support!

Barry

You can use the plastic part for Proofing and then use a C&C Machine
to produce the part Or use it to make a mold for casting the part.
I wonder how many Speedo gears I would have to sell to pay for that
set up. H'mmmmmmmmmm