Gary Hurst wrote:
i always wondered how items that sold for 2 dollars end up being 5 dollars
on clearance.  this has been going on for as long as i remember

Never buy from inventory liquidations. They mark it up to full list or better, then knock it down 10% a week. I got stuck with $210 in Circuit City gift cards that I was too stupid to spend before they converted their chapter 11 to a chapter 7. The best I could do was a 'half off' printer for $199.99, which I could have bought at Staples for $149.99. There was virtually nothing left in the store the weekend I bought that printer, just a few printers, a lot of UPSs, and some still overpriced televisions.

Mitch.