ernest breakfield <erne...@backyardengineering.org> writes:

> you're mistaken; i didn't say i only wanted diesel topics, rather that
> i was looking for something that was more diesel oriented.

I've noticed that on my 300D (191 K miles) that the valve cover gasket
is seeping some oil.  Also, last fall I had a problem with the flat vent
tube from the valve cover to the air filter -- it kept popping off of
the valve cover.  I put a hose clamp on it and now it's oozing oil too.

I did check the tube before I put the clamp on it and it did not seem
obstructed in any way.  Now I'm wondering if maybe it is, or there is a
blockage somewhere else?

Thoughts?

Allan
--