Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
First question, is this the correct tester that will do CIS?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=97706

Hard to tell from the pic, but there IS a lot of stuff in that kit.

For CIS, you need to tap into the control circuit co that control pressure flows through the gauge plumbing. You close a valve in the gauge assembly, downstream of the gauge itself, to test the fuel pressure regulator. With the valve closed, the gauge reads system pressure, which, IIRC was about 70 psi on a Saab.

I made mine with pieces from a parts car. I know one end came from an old CIS injector line where it screws onto the injector. It's been 20 years since I used mine, and I can't remember what the other end was, possibly a mini banjo?

At any rate, I made two gauge sets from one parts car. Each one contained a three way manifold (T), an inline shutoff valve, a 100 psi gauge, and about a meter of nylon tubing. I paid something like $20 for both, but I got my parts from a relative who owned a hydraulic supply distributor, and may have paid distributor cost (in 1985 dollars). I bet I could make one gauge with a $30 Mickey Carr order and a parts car today. I could go digging through the shelves of unused tools for it if you want to know exactly what I made it from. Wish I'd known when my ex-employer's estate sale was, I probably could have bought the other gauge set back for $5.

Mitch.