In the factory, they put a bare chassis on the rack, then bolt on the evaporator, then build the car around it. Unfortunately, the evaps are made of dis-similar metals, and so generate leaks. The only cure is to do without AC or to do an evapectomy.

At 07:56 AM 3/28/2009, you wrote:
where is the evaporator on this bugger?? Can you advise??

-----Original Message-----
From: OK Don <okd...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 6:48 pm
Subject: Re: [MBZ] value 300D

I have tow of those cars - LOVE them! Mine have 275,000 and 350,000 miles.
The paint and interiors on mine are good. I'd guess between $3,000 and
$5,000, but might be lower now. Depends on what you'll offer, and what they
will accept.

Check the alignment of the belt tensioner and idler pulley, AC evaporator,
and how it runs/drives in general. Records?