Check the fluid in the transfer case.

Also the in the front diff.

Peter

On Mar 28, 2009, at 3:26 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

On my new suburban, when I bought it, 4wd did not kick in. Turned out bad electric 4x4 actuator. Bought new one at autozone. Now it kicks in. Problem is, when it does goes into 4x4, it starts pulling hard to the right. Tires are fine, all the same, nothing like that. Goes straight when in 2wd. Also noticed today if you try to engage it going more than about 20 mph or so, it seems like the front axle or something bangs 2 or 3 times then kicks in. I also noticed today that when I took it out of 4wd, it did not actually go back to 2wd till the next time I took a right turn several miles later. Tried it again later, it banged a couple times and kicked in, same thing, would not kick out till I turned right. Its almost like its applying more power to the right side than the left from the front axle.
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 95 E300, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL,