So Fred graciously gave me his spare 190D wiper assembly to replace the pokey
one on my 190D. In installing (3 times to get it right) I found that the arm
would hit on the top of the transmission's lid. Its like that part of the lid
isn't down all the way. Small wonder, there are no screws under it. As you
tighten down the 5 screws at the other end they create this gap.
Strangely I can't figure out how to get the lid off... I took the screws out
but the lid stays.

Then I noticed the offending part on the "new" wiper is all painted but on my
old one its machined... I grabbed my grinder and a file and machined off 1/16"
and it works slick as snot. I wonder if mine was previously "repaired" and had
to have this done to it. Maybe the lids are initially assembled under pressure
which we can't replicate...

-Curt