Yeah it is still there. I stopped by last week sometime, the guy was still fixated on $1k for it. Very nice car though. He said it runs fine, drivable and all, just starts bubbling a bit in the coolant tank from the head gasket leak, I guess the PO didn't want to pay to have it fixed, and with the market as it is it probably doesn't pay for him to fool with it. I would guess some wealthy individual just walked away from it and went and bought a new one -- we have a fair amount of that crowd around. This mech always has a nice older Benz or two in for minor repairs, he seems to be a decent sort of neighborhood mech out here in the sticks, so he gets a fair amount of business.

The SEL is there, body rot and bad paint but only 85k on the odo, though it could be broken. Interior was in good shape. It was an Ohio car (for some reason a lot of people from Ohio come here) so that explains the rot. The guy said it was a good runner but with the rot it wasn't worth fixing up. He said make offer on it, I offered him $750 for the SD, he said $1k, I said both cars for that, he didn't want that deal. Like if he said yes I would do something with them both...

I have to go away this weekend, might ponder just buying the SD when I get back and see if wifey lets me back in the house.

You have a good block that head will go on?

--R

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
is that car still there?

Rich Thomas wrote:
So would that be the good block 300SDL engine? Damn, if I bought that, and put it in the nice 91 350SD sitting over there with the bad head gasket and good head (I love good heads!) I would be all set for cheap money. Could swap blocks/heads and have a nice Benz and a truck to sell. Hmmmm...

--R