Hello List,

I would appreciate it very much if someone can direct me to where I can find
detailed explanation on the theory of operation and it's implementation of
the 4L OM628 engine (aka 400 CDI). Any exploded diagrams of this motor and
the names of it's component will also be very helpful.

Some of you may remember my complaint of an unpleasant, high pitch
clattering sound that is heard only upon startups and I would really love to
chase the sound and identify the part emitting it. This task will be made
more difficult with brief duration of the sound but I must find a solution
since it seems to be getting worse.

I have suspected the sound to be coming from a leaking lifter/lifters on the
right bank and/or a collapsed chain tensioned. I am astonished that this has
happened to this motor even though it has less than 50,000 miles! I did
replace the motor oil with Mobil1, 4000 miles ago in hope of resolving this
issue but as I have said, it seems to have gotten worse.

Thank you all,

Omar.