I never liked the loos of the W126 cars, nor their tendency to lose that
special "luxury aura" over time.  Even though it has leather seats, my 300TD
is every bit the utilitarian hauling vehicle, and has fewer fragile items
that can break or become brittle over time (e.g., power seats).

Incidentally, has anyone found a good dye for the Mercedes 1980s blue
leather interiors?  I do mean leather and not MB Tex.

Andrew
1985 300CED and 1983 300TD  - both with original blue leather seats