When you don't have the last part to finish a project, what do you do?

YOU MAKE IT!
I just got this nitro RC truck, and although it was a very good runner, the
centrifugal clutch made a little noise and wasn't disengaging quite as well as
it should.  I pulled it apart thinking that it was a bearing problem, and I
found that the wrap spring around the shoes was too big to hold them.  I
thought that I had a new set of shoes with a new spring of proper size, but
the half hour search through the parts bins ended up being unsuccessful.  I
decided to try to cut the spring down and try to use it anyway.  The spring
wraps around the clutch shoes and has a hook at one end with a loop at the
other.  The hook end was the only choice possible for repair, so I snipped it
with my wire cutters.  The first attempt left it still a bit long, so I had at
it again.  It felt good the second time around, so I put them in and buttoned
things up.  It works!  It barely creeps forward on idle as it should, and it
had plenty of power to get the rear end sliding.  a good punch of the throttle
will lift the front wheels!  It isn't a Mercedes, but sure is a lot of fun to
drive!

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD 267Kmi, Ursula