Vonage is good. It uses ~ 100k incoming and outgoing when you are on a
call. Standard DSL may only have 128k outgoing, so it's right at the
limit of some connections.  If you are saturating your connection with
downloads or uploads, you will notice dropped packets. It uses UDP so
any lost packets are skipped and you notice them as silent parts
during the phone call that last fractions of a second. You can log
into their control panel and adjust the bandwidth your device uses to
improve call quality or reduce throughput. In a business environment
you can prioritize VOIP at the firewall or router so employees
downloading porn will have to wait a bit longer, and the phone calls
always sound good.

-Dave Walton