You may remember me from such famous threads a "whats this on my 240D". ...Thought I'd start a new one as, as I'm getting into some of the real meat of this rebuild. Heres where I am.......no ridge (some carbon) in the cylinders and NO cross hatches, Allot of the parts in the eng look new, oil pump, chain tensioner & shoe, (guides). It doesn't look like its been too many miles since this "overhaul" All the valves are nice and tight in the guides....everything looks new. Crank is a little scratched (one journal ), can be fixed. One rod needs replacing and I have one thats 13 grams heavier (19) than the "blue" one (17) Can the machine shop trim that 13 grams off my new rod?? The shop manual doesn't get into that . I need to take the crank in anyway. Its nice to have some rain, been looking fwd to this shop job :-) Thanks for looken

Regards   Steve Van Cleve
Marrowstone Isl Wa

"85" Euro 240D 5 spd 110K
"79" 240D 5spd  fresh tranny transplan
"82" Euro 300 TD non turbo, project wagon
"94" Dodge, 2500, 5 spd, 5.9 Cummins, 95K