On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:05:53 -0500 Wonko the Sane <don.b...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> And I can't get BBC Television online in the US. We all bear our
> crosses.
>
> Pandora asks you like (i.e., Grateful Dead) and feeds you similar songs.
> You'd do just as well finding streaming audio to suit your tastes. If
> you like classical, as Wilton and I do, you can't go wrong with what he
> suggested. If you like classic rock, one of our Des Moines radio
> stations (KGGO) streams online and has a pretty good mix. For jazz,
> SmoothJazz.com can't be beat. ... I've been known to dip into all three,
> although it is WCPE 99% of the time. Sometimes, after a stressful hour
> long meeting, Mozart doesn't cut it, and one needs a couple of minutes
> of Led Zepplin.

You can also try:

Radio Swiss Classic
http://www.radioswissclassic.ch/en/playlist
    No commercials. Announcements in German, French, or Italian.
    Streaming content only.

Radio Suisse Romande Espace 2
http://www.rsr.ch/espace-2/les-emissions
    Many types of programming (I listen to the 0600 - 0900 Sunday
    morning programs. Announcements in French only (though I do not speak
    French). Content is streamed AND archived for several weeks -- I
    listen to Sunday morning's programs during the week at work. Baroque
    liturgical music is my favorite. Each week I download the RealAudio
    URL and copy and paste the program's content. They archive the
    programs a few weeks beyond the calendar on their playlist page.

University of Oregon, KWAX, Eugene
http://www.kwax.com/programming.php
    (KWAX is the sound a duck makes). My dad lived in Eugene. We listen
    Sunday mornings to their program, "The Organ Loft." The organ is my
    favorite instrument; J.S. Bach is my favorite composer.

There is also PopFind at http://www.popfind.com/ListenRadioStations.html.
It's a listing of the most popular Radio Stations on the Internet, of
many different genres. Also list BBC Radio 1, BBC World Service Live, and
BBC World Service News

Craig