Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:37:52 -0400
From: Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] QRe:  Ext HDD, was RE:  OT -new computer
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

LarryT wrote:

> Doing the reverse will not work either - installing Vista 1st will work
> but then XP cannot be installed because the OS will say "the OS
> installed is newer than the OS being attempted to install!  Well, damn!

I'm running dual boot on dual hard drives. About one hour ago, I ordered a 1TB
drive, intending to transfer my Vista drive to it, then to install XP Pro as a
2nd OS on the drive. I'm not happy to learn that MSFT has prohibited me from
doing that, for no good reason I can discern. I have a XP install disk but not
Vista, only system restore disks for Vista.

Mitch.