On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM,  <burgess1...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> You wrote in a comment a couple of years ago about removing the console
> mounted fader switch and replacing it with a piece of plastic that was
> fitted to the hole.  Where did you get that piece, or did you fabricate
> it yourself?  My fader is toast, too, and I am in the process of
> rewiring the sound system to bypass it.  I'd love to simply remove the
> switch and put in a blank, rather than leave a dummy switch.
> Thanks for your help.

I just cut a piece of scrap black plastic to fit and glued it in from
underneath.  It would be nicer if there were an official Mercedes part
for a blank switch location, but I know of no such.  Some people have
used the opportunity to drill a hole in the "filler plate" and mount
an audio jack or two there for an auxiliary input (iPod, etc.) to the
stereo, rather than have to make a hole somewhere else in the console.

Alex