On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net> wrote:
>> According to wikipedia, the 5.0 Mustang had about 140hp,
>
> ??? When?

Perhaps in early-'80s carbureted form.  The late-'80s fuel-injected
5.0 GT was advertised at 225 hp, IIRC.  Neither number is really
relevant to the engine in the misbegotten 190E I posted originally,
which I'm sure is built up quite a bit (otherwise what would be the
point)?  Just as with a small-block Chevy, you can get 300+ hp out of
a Ford 5.0 with very little effort, and much more than that if you
have the money or are willing to sacrifice longevity.

Alex