Does anybody know if different pumps shut off at the same point or if same pump shuts off at same point with differing flow rates or even same flow rate, etc? If I can see the fuel at the same point, I can SEE it at the same point and feel more confident that it's at the same point, especially if I've shaken the car a bit to remove large bubbles (trapped air - not foam) for that last little bit.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 9:35 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mileage test not

I drive enough (110 miles a day) that 20 miles either way makes no never mind, I need to fill up 3 times every 2 weeks no matter what.

I guess if you wanted as accurate as possible you'd fill until just before fuel started running out, or let fuel run out, capture it, measure it and deduct from the total put in... Accuracy is relative of course, I'm willing to use the auto shutoff determine my accuracy...

-Curt