Since when?  My radiator guy had a special tool that allowed him to remove and
install new crimp strips on crimped tanks.  He did one on my 2001 Nissan
Altima.  He put a top tank on my former 300TE's radiator as well, if I recall.

I can check with my industrial radiator guy on Monday - I am positive the
equipment and parts to do this exist and are currently in use.

Dan