Hi All,
The steering gearbox on my '83 300CD has developed a leak. I can't really
identify where the leak is coming from but it is definitely from the
gearbox. I have a spare box from my wagon parts car I could use to replace
it with or I could try the gasket rebuilt kit. Anyone had luck rebuilding
the gaskets on these or should I just swap units. I hate to put the other
one in and have it start leaking. How susceptible are these units to a leak?
Anyone else have some experience with the 123 steering box?

--
Ralph Wasserbaech
2001 E320 wagon