The temperature of fuel going to the injectors makes NO difference on
the temperature of the fuel leaving the injectors. That tells me that
the injector has good thermal conductivity to the head and is a more
than adequate heat source to warm the liquid passing through it. If
the oil is too thick, not enough flows through the system and
acceleration is limited. The fuel filter is very effective at removing
particulates large enough to cause damage.
WVO will NOT cause coking of the injector or burnt rings in my
experience.  I'm left blaming those reported problems on other
underlying issues.

I wrapped both fuel lines with an outer hose circulated with coolant.
Using a flat plate heat exchanger actually made no noticeable
difference. Below 45F I thin with diesel or kerosene. I do filter the
hell out of the oil, but that's just to make the standard fuel filter
last longer. I'm running one of my 87SDL's on straight WVO with no
mods to the car (not the blue one I got from you - Pete) - just to
prove the point. Not enough miles on that one to make any
determination. So far it's running fine - at least during the summer.
I do have to admit that I got lazy and filled that one up with a few
tanks of 100% diesel over the winter.

-Dave Walton